Recipe of the week
While diet meal replacement bars are the mainstay of our programme, our delicious diet conscious recipes will help you stick to your plans to lose weight fast and stay the course after you have reached your optimum weight.
Tuna, Orange & Fennel Salad
What you'll need
- 800g tinned tuna in spring water, drained and flaked into smaller pieces or firm tofu
- 4 oranges, skin sliced away, individual segments cut out
- 2 large fennel bulbs, sliced thinly across bulb
- 1/2 cup picked parsley leaves
- 1 baby cos lettuce, torn into bite size pieces
- 1/2 a small red onion, peeled and finely sliced or 4 - 5 stalks spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 1/2 avocados, peeled and deseeded - 1 diced, 1/2 mashed (for dressing)
- 20 black olives
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and bashed
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
The easy bit
- To make dressing combine 1/2 a mashed avocado, garlic, orange juice, cider vinegar, salt and black pepper in a clean glass jar and shake until mixed well.
- Combine tuna, oranges, fennel, parsley, cos, onion and avocado in a large mixing bowl. Drizzle dressing over the top and toss salad gently with clean hands. Divide between 4 bowls or plates, placing 5 olives in each and garnishing with pine nuts. Serve immediately.