Recipe of the week
While diet meal replacement bars are the mainstay of our programme, our delicious diet conscious recipes will help you stick to your plans to lose weight fast and stay the course after you have reached your optimum weight.
Beef Meatballs with Tomato Sauce
What you'll need
- 250 g beef mince
- ½ small onion, grated
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- dash of Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 small egg, beaten
- 20 g parmesan, grated
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- salt and black pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 200 g canned tomatoes
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1½ tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
The easy bit
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- To make the meatballs, mix together all ingredients in a bowl.
- Work mixture with hands until smooth, then shape into 12 balls.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan and brown the meatballs, then place in a roasting dish.
- To make the tomato sauce, heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the garlic for 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes, paprika, water, salt, pepper and ½ tablespoon of oregano.
- Cook for 5-6 minutes or until reduced and thickened.
- Pour the sauce over the meatballs, place in the oven for 10-15 minutes until meatballs are cooked through.
- Scatter over the remaining oregano to serve.
Tip: You can replace the beef mince with chicken mince in this recipe.
- Energy 271 kcal
- Protein 30g
- Fat 15g
- Carbs 4g