Recipe of the week
While diet meal replacement bars are the mainstay of our programme, our delicious diet conscious recipes will help you stick to your plans to lose weight fast and stay the course after you have reached your optimum weight.
Hearty Lamb hotpot with cauliflower mash
What you'll need
- 900g of lamb, trimmed of any excess fat and
chopped into large pieces
- 350g onions, roughly chopped
- 600ml hot lamb stock
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- 1 cauliflower, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 knobs of light butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 bay leaf
The easy bit
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan until very hot and brown the
lamb a few pieces at a time, placing the cooked pieces into a
- Fry the onions adding a knob of butter to the pan for 10
minutes until brown.
- Gradually add the hot stock and Worcestershire Sauce,
stirring as you bring to a simmer. Once simmered, pour over the
meat in the casserole dish.
- Add the bay leaf and thyme and season with salt and
- Close the lid then place in the oven for 90
- Cut the cauliflower into chunks and place in boiling
water for 30 minutes or until they soften.
- Drain and mash adding a knob of butter and a sprinkle of
ground black pepper.
- Plate up a scoop of the cauliflower mash in a large bowl
and spoon on the casserole and serve.