Recipe of the week
While diet meal replacement bars are the mainstay of our programme, our delicious diet conscious recipes will help you stick to your plans to lose weight fast and stay the course after you have reached your optimum weight.
Tomato, Aubergine & Mozzarella Stack
What you'll need
- 2 beef tomatoes
- 1 small aubergine
- 125g mozzarella
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 25g parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 10g fresh basil
The easy bit
- Pre-heat the oven to 190°c.
- Take the aubergine and cut six 1cm rounds of roughly the same size.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon of the olive oil over the slices and season with a little salt and pepper, pop onto a hot griddle pan and cook on both sides until slightly charred. Then remove from the pan.
- Slice the beef tomatoes into four pieces roughly the same thickness. Slice the mozzarella cheese into 6, again equally.
- Finely chop the basil and pop it into a small bowl and mix with the remaining olive oil, parmesan cheese and garlic.
- Place the two bottom slices of the tomato into a small oven-proof dish, season with salt and pepper then top with a slice of aubergine, a slice of mozzarella followed by a small amount of the dressing, repeat the layers and finish off with the last slice of tomato, remembering to season each layer.
- Place the tomato stack into the pre-heated oven for 10-15 minutes until soft and the cheese has melted. Serve with fresh garden salad.