Recipe of the week
While diet meal replacement bars are the mainstay of our programme, our delicious diet conscious recipes will help you stick to your plans to lose weight fast and stay the course after you have reached your optimum weight.
Beef Stir-Fry with Mange Tout
What you'll need
- 350 g lean beef strips
- 4 spring onions, cut into 3 cm pieces
- 3 cm piece fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon kecap manis
- ½ long red chilli, deseeded and sliced
- 150 g mange tout, trimmed
- ¼ cup fresh coriander leaves
The easy bit
- Combine the beef, spring onions, ginger, garlic, five-spice
powder and 1 teaspoon of the sesame oil in a bowl.
- Set aside for 15 minutes to marinate.
- Meanwhile, mix together the oyster sauce, kecap manis and
chilli in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat the remaining sesame oil in a wok, add the beef mixture
and stir-fry for 3 minutes or until browned.
- Add the mange tout and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until the
mange tout are bright green but still crisp.
- Add the sauce and chilli mixture and stir-fry for 1
- Stir through the coriander leaves and serve.
Tip: You can use pork, chicken or tofu in this recipe as an
alternative to beef.