Recipe of the week
While diet meal replacement bars are the mainstay of our programme, our delicious diet conscious recipes will help you stick to your plans to lose weight fast and stay the course after you have reached your optimum weight.
Roast Turkey with Peaches
What you'll need
- 80g butter, softened
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated
- Salt & freshly ground pepper
- 4kg-4.5kg turkey
- Olive oil, to brush and grease
- 5 peaches, halved, stone removed
- 1/3 cup small fresh rosemary sprigs
The easy bit
- Combine the butter, lemon rind, salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. (See preparation in the turkey tips
below.) Run your finger under the skin of each breast at the top to
loosen the skin. Press half the butter over each breast. Loosely
fill cavity with stuffing. Tie the legs together with kitchen
- Place the turkey on a wire rack in a roasting pan. Brush the
turkey with olive oil. Cover loosely with foil. Pour 1 cup water
into pan. Roast, basting with oil every 30 minutes, for 1 hour and
45 minutes. Remove foil. Roast for 45 minutes or until golden and
juices run clear when the thickest part of thigh is pierced.
Transfer to a platter. Cover with foil. Rest 15 minutes.
- Place peaches on a greased tray. Drizzle with a little oil.
Season with pepper. Scatter the rosemary over the peaches. Roast
with turkey for 40 minutes. (If there isn't room, cook before the
turkey and reheat.)
- Slice the turkey. Serve with the peaches.