Recipe of the week
While diet meal replacement bars are the mainstay of our programme, our delicious diet conscious recipes will help you stick to your plans to lose weight fast and stay the course after you have reached your optimum weight.
Grilled Aubergine Lasagne
What you'll need
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 small onion - chopped
- 2 clove garlic - chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 5 whole basil leaves, plus 5 roughly chopped
- 1 cup canned diced tomato
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 small aubergine, sliced 5mm thick
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 10g Parmesan cheese
- Mozzarella, edam or low fat cheddar cheese to
The easy bit
- Preheat the oven to 200°C
- To make the Napoli sauce, add cooking oil to a
saucepan and lightly saute the onion and garlic until they just
start to colour. Season and add the chopped basil. Cook for anohter
minute, add the tomato and cook until the sauce has a nice thick
consistency. Adjust seasoning, add sugar and set
- Take the aubergine slices, salt them and leave them on a
tray for 20 minutes. Wash the aubergine of excess salt and pat dry
with absorbent paper. Brush with oil and grill both sides of each
- In a baking dish or ovenproof dish, spread a small amount
of Napoli and then a layer of aubergine, then add more Napoli, some
basil leaves and the mozzarella (or other cheese). Continue
layering until you have used up all of the aubergine.
- On the top layer, sprinkle some Parmesan, and then bake
for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Garnish with the whole basil leaves.