Recipe of the week
While diet meal replacement bars are the mainstay of our programme, our delicious diet conscious recipes will help you stick to your plans to lose weight fast and stay the course after you have reached your optimum weight.
Beef Chilli Stuffed Peppers
What you'll need
- 400g lean minced beef
- 4 peppers (any colour is fine; green, red, yellow etc.), stem, seeds and base removed
- 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 fresh red chilli
- 50g reduced fat grated cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
The easy bit
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to a frying pan. Add onion and fry gently until softened, then add minced beef and cook until browned. Add garlic, paprika, chilli and tomatoes and simmer for 20-30 minutes until most of the liquid has reduced.
- Preheat oven to 200ºC and brush the peppers with the remaining oil. Fill each half pepper with the minced beef mixture, top with grated cheese and bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve with low fat sour cream and a mixed salad.