Recipe of the week
While diet meal replacement bars are the mainstay of our programme, our delicious diet conscious recipes will help you stick to your plans to lose weight fast and stay the course after you have reached your optimum weight.
Pan roasted pork chop with apple and cauliflower salad
What you'll need
- 1 small garlic clove - chopped
- half cup of cauliflower - cut into florets
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pork chop - trimmed
- quarter of granny smith apple
- quarter of golden delicious apple
- quarter of a red apple
- half red onion, sliced
The easy bit
- Preheat the oven to 220ºC
- Toss the garlic in an oven dish with
cauliflower,half the oil and the salt and pepper. Roast for 20
minutes or until soft and then set aside.
- Season the pork chop and then add to an ovenproof pan.
Put the pan in the oven, making sure you turn the meat every 3
minutes. A 25mm thick piece of por should take 10 - 20 minutes.
When cooked, rest the cutlet.
- Thinly slice the apple quarters and then toss with the
red onion and remaining olive oil and season.
- Put the cauliflower and the pork in the oven for two more
minutes to reheat and then serve with the apple salad.