What you’ll need
- 400g lean minced beef
- 4 peppers (any colour is fine; green, red, yellow etc.), stem, seeds and base removed
- 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 fresh red chilli
- 50g reduced fat grated cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
The easy bit
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to a frying pan. Add onion and fry gently until softened, then add minced beef and cook until browned. Add garlic, paprika, chilli and tomatoes and simmer for 20-30 minutes until most of the liquid has reduced.
- Preheat oven to 200ºC and brush the peppers with the remaining oil. Fill each half pepper with the minced beef mixture, top with grated cheese and bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve with low fat sour cream and a mixed salad.