What you’ll need
- 350 g lean beef strips
- 4 spring onions, cut into 3 cm pieces
- 3 cm piece fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon kecap manis
- ½ long red chilli, deseeded and sliced
- 150 g mange tout, trimmed
- ¼ cup fresh coriander leaves
The easy bit
- Combine the beef, spring onions, ginger, garlic, five-spice powder and 1 teaspoon of the sesame oil in a bowl.
- Set aside for 15 minutes to marinate.
- Meanwhile, mix together the oyster sauce, kecap manis and chilli in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat the remaining sesame oil in a wok, add the beef mixture and stir-fry for 3 minutes or until browned.
- Add the mange tout and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until the mange tout are bright green but still crisp.
- Add the sauce and chilli mixture and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Stir through the coriander leaves and serve.
Tip: You can use pork, chicken or tofu in this recipe as an alternative to beef.
- Energy 304 kcal
- Protein 41g
- Fat 11g
- Carbs 9g