What you’ll need
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 480g quorn mince ( or beef mince if you prefer)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 1/2 carrot, grated
- 1 cup tomato passata
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbs soy sauce1/2 green cabbage, finely shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste
The easy bit
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over high heat. Add the meat and stir until well browned.
- Add the onion, garlic, red pepper and grated carrot. Cook, stirring until the vegetables are softened.
- Add the passata, tomatoes and soy sauce and simmer for 30 mins or until thick. Season to taste.
- Meanwhile bring a large saucepan of water to boil. Add the cabbage and cook until just softened – about 1 min, strain.
- Place cabbage in pasta bowls, top with bolognese sauce and shredded basil.