What you’ll need
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 350 g chicken mince
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and sliced
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 3 water chestnuts, thinly sliced
- ½ cup beanshoots
- 2 iceberg lettuce leaf cups, trimmed
The easy bit
- Heat oil in a frying pan, add garlic and ginger and cook for 1 minute,then add the spring onions and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add the chicken mince and cook for 5 minutes, breaking up the mince with a wooden spoon.
- Add the chilli, soy sauce, fish sauce and water chestnuts and cook for 2 minutes, making sure the chicken is cooked.
- Stir through the bean sprouts, then serve the mixture in the lettuce cups.
Tip: This recipe can also be made with pork mince instead of chicken.
- Energy 280 kcal
- Protein 35g
- Fat 14g
- Carbs 3g