What you’ll need
- 150g snapper or other fish fillet, skin on, deboned
- 20g bean shoots
- 1⁄4 red capsicum, sliced
- 1⁄4 red onion, sliced
- 3 mint leaves
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 1 bunch bok choy, blanched and refreshed
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 30g ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 clove garlic, crushed, plus 1 sliced
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
The easy bit
- Set aside 1 teaspoon of lime juice for salad dressing.
- In a bowl, combine lime zest and remaining juice, ginger, crushed garlic, 1 teaspoon of olive oil and salt and pepper. Brush mixture onto the fish fillet and set aside for an hour.
- To prepare the salad, combine bean shoots, capsicum, onion and the mint.
- In a hot pan, using 2 tablespoons of cooking oil, seal the fish skin-side first, then drop the temperature to medium. Cook until golden brown, turn fish and cook for 1 minute more.
- In another pan, using the remaining cooking oil, fry sliced garlic and shallot until almost brown, then toss in the bok choy and season.
- Toss salad with lime juice, remaining olive oil and salt and pepper, and serve with fish and bok choy mixture.