What you’ll need
- 1 large aubergine, about 500 g
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon tahini,
- mixed with 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and black pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- pinch of ground paprika
The easy bit
- Preheat oven to 190ºC.
- Make 2 slits in the aubergine and bake for 30 minutes or until the skin is black and the vegetable is soft.
- When cool enough to handle, peel off skin.
- In a mixing bowl, mash the aubergine flesh with the garlic, tahini, lemon juice, chilli and cumin.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon into a serving bowl and top with parsley and paprika.
- Serve 2 tablespoons with vegetable crudités for an allowable snack.
Tip: To use as a dressing for meats, simply add 1 1/2 tablespoons of plain low-fat yoghurt.
- Energy 14 kcal
- Protein 1g
- Fat 1g
- Carbs 1g