What you’ll need
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 100g goat’s cheese, crumbled
- 20g parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 4 medium eggs
- 1tsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 medium cooked beetroots cut into matchsticks
- 2 handfuls of rocket
- drizzle of olive oil
- 2tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1tsp chopped chives
The easy bit
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180°c.
2. Take a small frying pan (ideally with a metal handle so it can go in the oven) and gently fry the red onion and red pepper until soft and beginning to colour, stirring every so often.
3. Meanwhile crack the eggs into a jug and whisk, then add the goat’s cheese, parmesan and parsley, season with salt and pepper and gently fold.
4. Pour the egg mixture into the pan turning the heat down to its lowest and cook until the sides begin to set, pop into the oven for about 8-10 minutes until firm to the touch.
5. In a mixing bowl add the beetroot, rocket, chives and drizzle over the olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
6. Once the frittata is cooked leave to cool slightly then tip out of the pan slice into four, divide between your plates and top with the beetroot salad.