What you’ll need
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 70 g bacon, diced
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ½ carrot, diced
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 400 g canned chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 40 g cabbage, finely shredded
- 100 g green beans, cut into 2 cm lengths
- 1 small courgette, diced
- salt and black pepper
- 10 g parmesan, grated
The easy bit
- Heat olive oil in large saucepan, add bacon, onion, garlic, carrot and celery and cook for 3 minutes until onion is soft and fragrant.
- Add chicken stock, tomatoes and tomato paste.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add cabbage, beans and courgette and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve with parmesan.
Tip: For a vegetarian option, replace the chicken stock with vegetable stock and omit the bacon.
- Energy 256 kcal
- Protein 19g
- Fat 14g
- Carbs 10g