What you’ll need
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 small onion, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 2 tablespoons miso paste
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 carrot, diced
- 10 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 200 g firm tofu, diced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 spring onions, sliced
The easy bit
- Heat vegetable oil in a saucepan, add onion and garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add miso paste and stir through.
- Add the stock a little at a time to incorporate the miso.
- Add the carrot, mushrooms and tofu.
- Gently heat until almost boiling – do not boil the soup, as this will reduce its nutritional benefits.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce and spring onions and serve.