What you’ll need
- 4 Rashers of lean back bacon
- 2 Large field mushrooms
- 2 Medium eggs
For the hollandaise sauce:
- 1 Egg yolk
- 100g light butter
- Juice of lemon
- Pinch of pepper & tsp salt
The easy bit
1. Place mushrooms and bacon under a medium grill until crispy, turning when required.
2. Place the water and egg yolks into a stainless steel or glass bowl and place over a pan of simmering water, ensuring the base of the bowl touches the water. Whisk the ingredients until creamy.
3. Remove bowl from the pan and add the butter and whisk until thick.
4. Add lemon juice, pepper and salt and place the bowl back over the pan of hot water to keep warm.
5. Boil another pan of water add, a splash of vinegar and crack two eggs into the water and poach.
6. Remove the bacon and mushrooms from the grill and position in middle of plate. Using a draining spoon remove from boiling water and place a poached egg on top of the bacon.
7. Drizzle 3 tablespoons of sauce over the egg and serve immediately.