So you’ve been on the Celebrity Slim Programme for a while and all is going well and suddenly your weight loss comes to a halt. Just when you start to get used to your new regime and lifestyle your body stops responding to all of your hard work.
This is what is known as a weight plateau, and for many people this can be very frustrating and can often lead to giving up and reverting back to your old eating habits. Don’t worry, this is something that happens to us all at some point when losing weight and is often a sign that you’re doing a good job already. Don’t give up!
Other reasons that cause plateaued weight loss include:
- Thyroid Disease
- Skipping Meals
- Insufficient Fluid Intake
- Reduced muscle mass (males have a larger muscle mass, this is the reason why males tend to lose more weight than females)
- Having the same energy intake each day – same meals, same routine
A few tips to kick start your weight loss again:
- Substitute your fruit servings between meals with a protein rich snack like a boiled egg or lean meat. Do this for at least 4 or 5 days.
- Replace one of your daily shakes, soups or bars with an actual meal.
- Add exercise to your routine.
- If you already exercise – vary it! Go for a swim instead of a walk.
- Don’t overdo the exercise – light to moderate exercise is recommended on the Celebrity Slim Program, including walking, swimming and light gym work.
- Swap your meals around and make sure you have snacks in between your meals.
- Drink plenty of water – you need at least 2 litres per day in small, regular quantities.
- Ensure you have adequate fibre intake. Fibre can help increase your metabolism and also helps increase the way in which food moves through your digestive system.
- Try our range of Low-Carb Shakes or Bars, which are specifically designed to help boost your weight loss results during a weight loss plateau.
These simple steps can help your body get back into fat-burning mode again and get you back on track and on your way to reaching your target.