Embarking on a weight loss journey can be both exciting and challenging. Trying to figure out how many calories to consume, what sort of workouts and physical activity you want to do, setting goals and trying new recipes– all while trying to stay motivated!
While following a plan, such as the Celebrity Slim Programme can be simple, staying motivated to achieve it is often the hard part. We’ve all experienced those moments of determination when we commit to our weight loss journey and decide to change our lifestyle to suit, only to find yourself losing motivation or going back to old habits shortly after. In this post, we will explore effective strategies to help you stay motivated in your weight loss journey and understand the reasons why you might be losing motivation.
Why do I lose motivation during my weight loss journey?
Before we delve into how to stay motivated and on track, we need to understand why motivation dips during our weight loss journey in the first place.
- Unrealistic expectations and weight loss goals: setting overly ambitious weight loss goals can quickly lead to discouragement. The key is to set realistic milestones to prevent you from feeling overwhelmed or disheartened when progress may be slower than expected.
- Lack of visible results: When we don’t see immediate weight loss results, it’s incredibly easy to lose motivation. It’s so important to remember that consistency is key and making small achievable changes to your lifestyle WILL pay off!
- Inadequate support system: Lack of encouragement from others around you can demotivate you. Having a solid support system around is essential for growth and positivity. Friends and family should support your healthy food choices and not be dismissive of your new lifestyle.
- Repetitive routines: Variety will be your best friend when it comes to your weight loss journey. Eating the same foods and doing the same exercises will make your journey incredibly monotonous.
How do I stay serious about my weight loss journey?
Now that we understand some of the reasons as to why we might be losing motivation during our weight loss journey, here’s some of our top tips on how to stay focused and committed to achieving your weight loss goals.
- Set realistic weight loss goals: Start by setting small, achievable goals that work alongside your long-term objectives. These small milestones that can boost your motivation could be:
- Reaching your step count target every day for a week.
- Increasing your protein intake 1 meal per day.
- Choosing a healthy option when eating out at a restaurant.
Remember to celebrate and praise yourself for each milestone along the way! It’s all these little changes to your lifestyle that add up to success!
- Track your progress: Keep a record of your progress and the small milestones that you’ve achieved. Take some body measurements so you can compare the following month. Tracking your workouts and step count each day will also hold you accountable and feel motivated each time you add an entry!
- Celebrate the non-scale victories: There are so many small wins when it comes to weight loss so make sure you celebrate those smaller victories such as improved energy levels, fitting into clothes you love or reaching your personal bests in your workouts.
- Find healthy distractions and coping mechanisms: many of us turn to food for emotional comfort- or simply because we are bored! Try engaging in new activities such as meditation, journaling, cooking new healthy recipes or pursuing some hobbies.
- Visualise your success: Keep your eyes on the prize! Imagine yourself reaching your weight loss goals and how amazing you will feel. You will be so proud once you’ve got there and will no doubt positively impact your lifestyle for the better.
- A supportive community Surround yourself with an encouraging and supportive network of friends, family or even joining the CelebritySlim Weight Loss Support Group on Facebook to improve your motivation and feel part of a community. You could even find a weight loss journey partner! Join forces with someone who is on a similar path to you. This will keep you accountable and provide encouragement, share progress updates, and help you stay on track when you don’t feel motivated.
We’ve covered some key strategies to help you stay motivated on your weight loss journey as well as had a look into some of the reasons that your willpower might be lacking. Remember that staying motivated is an ongoing process which requires consistent effort and nurturing to achieve your weight loss goals. There will be days when motivation feels lacking and others where you feel encouraged and on track!
Set realistic goals that are within your reach, celebrate every milestone and surround yourself with supportive and enthusiastic people who will be your very own weight loss journey cheerleaders!
Inevitably, challenges will arise during your weight loss journey, and there will be moments when you question your commitment or even fall off track but it’s how quickly you get back on it that counts!
Shop Our Plans